The records continued to tumble for Ron Bendall squad athletes on Day 2 of the NSW Relays Championships at Campbelltown.
Ashley McMahon was a member of the UTS Norths team which won gold and broke the club record in the men’s 200+ years 4x200m.
And Ryan Dowling was in the UTS Norths team which set club records in the men’s 120+ years, 160+ years and 200+ years hammer throw teams event.
Other Ron Bendall squad members to also excelled.
- Abby Lander and Pascale La Hei won gold in the under 20 years women’s 4x800m relay;
- Ryan Dowling also won gold in the 200+ years men’s 4x800m; Dowling also combined with Ashley McMahon and Ken Elias to take gold in the men’s 160+ years 4x100m relay; Elias and Dowling were also members of the victorious men’s 120+ years 4x200m team;
- Ashley McMahon took his gold medal tally for the championships to five when he anchored the gold medal winning men’s 200+ years 4x200m team;
- Bella Guthrie won gold in the under 20 years 4x200m while Pascale La Hei and Xin Min Tan took silver in the same event.;
- Jasmin Guthrie was in the Australian under 20 years team which finished second in the open women’s 4x400m;
- Joe Dennis won silver in the under 18 years’ men’s 4x100m;
- Daniel Nolan and Ashley McMahon combined to help UTS Norths to third place in the open men’s 4x100m final.
- Nick Dowling and Joe Dennis helped their club to bronze in the under 20 years men’s 4x200m.